Determining strength in numbers
After proving the hardware in v1, it was time to pump up the numbers a little and gauge public interest. 54 boards were ordered to test the viability of home production.
The REM Beta v2 was a revision to v1 with the inclusion of a light sensor to dim the screen, an extra line to read the oxygen sensor heater relay, and some broken out power and jack header pins to make modding easier. This was also where the transition was made to differentiate the Renduinix Software from the Renix Engine Monitor Hardware.
– 87-90 4.0L M/T & A/T ECU Support
– 16×2 RGB LCD
– Check Engine Light
– Auto Dimming Display
– o2 Heater Relay reading
– Power and Jack breakout pins
– Through-hole components
– Adafruit Pro Trinket 5V
– Large Jack Pigtail Diagnostic Adapters
– Original Price: $75
- Compatible Upgrades
– LCD Ground Wire Fix
– 2.5L Support (Require REM and Adapter mods)
– AW-4 Support (Require REM and Adapter mods)
- Known Bugs
– LCD is known to lose sync and display garbage if the ground line has lots of electrical noise.